IN what is being considered as his last day in office as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi went about his usual duties in the CMO’s office, surrounded by some of his most trusted officers.
While he was in constant touch with his senior party leaders, who went through several rounds of talks in Delhi, Modi, who has been the Chief Minister for 12 years and seven months, came to his office as usual at Swarnim-Sankul-I at Sardar Patel Secretariat in Gandhinagar, and went about his day as he always did.
Thursday’s mood in office was like a carry-forward of Wednesday, when he had chaired a Cabinet meeting, which turned into a sort of emotional farewell for him by his colleagues.
Sources in the Chief Minister’s Office said that after going through some files in the morning, he presided over the launch of an Android application, developed by the General Administration Department. Named “Jobs in Gujarat Government”, this mobile application provides a time-table and other required details of government jobs that would be put up for grabs in the next 10 months.
Accompanied by GAD senior officials, Modi checked the details of the application. Modi, in an official release, said, “The application gives the time table and details of the posts that the Gujarat government will offer in the next 10 years. So youth from anywhere can plan in advance for the profile of their interest.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The launch was also turned into an occasion for him to be around some of his most trusted team members, including Chief Principal Secretary in CMO K Kailasnathan, Chief Secretary Varesh Sinha and and GAD Principal Secretary K Srinivas. Sources maintained that Modi was largely at the CMO on Thursday.