IN what is being considered as his last day in office as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi went about his usual duties in the CMO’s office, surrounded by some of his most trusted officers.
While he was in constant touch with his senior party leaders, who went through several rounds of talks in Delhi, Modi, who has been the Chief Minister for 12 years and seven months, came to his office as usual at Swarnim-Sankul-I at Sardar Patel Secretariat in Gandhinagar, and went about his day as he always did.
Thursday’s mood in office was like a carry-forward of Wednesday, when he had chaired a Cabinet meeting, which turned into a sort of emotional farewell for him by his colleagues.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sources in the Chief Minister’s Office said that after going through some files in the morning, he presided over the launch of an Android application, developed by the General Administration Department. Named “Jobs in Gujarat Government”, this mobile application provides a time-table and other required details of government jobs that would be put up for grabs in the next 10 months.
Accompanied by GAD senior officials, Modi checked the details of the application. Modi, in an official release, said, “The application gives the time table and details of the posts that the Gujarat government will offer in the next 10 years. So youth from anywhere can plan in advance for the profile of their interest.”
The launch was also turned into an occasion for him to be around some of his most trusted team members, including Chief Principal Secretary in CMO K Kailasnathan, Chief Secretary Varesh Sinha and and GAD Principal Secretary K Srinivas. Sources maintained that Modi was largely at the CMO on Thursday.