A day after the two buildings collapse in Vadodara that killed 11 people,a post on Chief Minister Narendra Modis website defended saying that the twin buildings were built between 1999 and 2001. Modi became CM in October 2001,taking over from Keshubhai Patel.
A post under the head: Steps taken by Gujarat Government in the wake of unfortunate collapse of 2 buildings in Vadodara said that the inquiry would explore possibilities of the tragic incident having been caused due to liquefaction or water logging due to 120 per cent excess of rains.
The state government on its portal said,Experts are deciphering if liquefaction effect had any role in this collapse. It added,It may be noted that Vadodara has received 120% excess of the average rainfall this year. It is being explored whether this and water logging are the causes behind the collapse. The state government maintained that material from
collapsed building will be tested to decipher the cause of the mishap. Besides,experts from the Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority (GSDMA),Institute of Seismological Research,Gandhinagar (ISR),Gujarat Engineering Research Institute,Vadodara (GERI) and Road & Building Department,Government of Gujarat are collectively testing and finding out the reasons behind the tragedy.
Meanwhile,the government has ordered an inquiry into the accident led by former Chief Secretary Manjula Subramaniam. The Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority will assist Subramaniam in the probe.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More