A day after attempting suicide in Sabarmati Central Jail, the Lok Rakshak Dal who was posted in the Z+ security cover of encounter cops PP Pandey and DG Vanzara allegedly jumped into Sabarmati river late on Saturday.
The constable called his senior to inform him that he was committing suicide, and later jumped into the river before anyone could save him.
The news spread grief among the cops who made several attempts to counsel constable Baldev Amtah Rabari, a day earlier through professional psychiatrists.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Rabari who was allegedly upset with his father’s demise and, suspected marital issues too, took the extreme step after his failed suicide-bid in Sabarmati central jail. Rabari was a part of ‘F9’ company of the Ahmedabad police headquarters that provides security cover for the jailed cops Pandey and Vanzara.
JCP (HQ) (in charge) HG Patel said, “After his suicide attempt we called him to the headquarters to hear his problems and sort them if we could. He had clarified he had no issues with his work. He was under depression after the sudden demise of his father last month and even had marital issues, however that is unclear. Yesterday we took him to Zindagi helpline but he was running out of the sessions again an again. He was also given medication by a psychiatrist”.
The police said Rabari called his inspector in headquarters and informed him that he was going to jump into Sabarmati river. This put the entire city police department on alert and a message was relayed to all police stations to stop him. However, before police could reach the spot, the control received a message that “one man has jumped from Ambedkar Bridge”. The police added that soon after calling his inspector, he switched off his phone.
“His uncle had accompanied him to all the counselling sessions and, Saturday morning, he even reported to the headquarters. He appeared normal and under control. We had even initiated an inquiry into his suicide attempt under ACP headquarters but he didn’t meet the ACP at all. We are finding out what could have transpired in the evening which lead him to take this extreme step. We are very upset”.
JCP HQ Manoj Agarwal, who is currently in Lucknow for Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s rally, also spoke to Rabari a day earlier and promised him help if he was upset with his work or required any other help in personal matters, Patel stated.
Rabari had attempted suicide by using his service rifle after loading 10 bullets into it, out side Gandhi Yard, close to Vanzara and Pandey’s cells in Sardar Yard. However he was rescued by his fellow constable Ravindrasinh, who stopped him after the rifle failed to fire.
The police added that Rabari was a young, energetic and fun loving cop who was reportedly interested in body building. He was popular among his circle of young constables for his strong build and looks, police said.
The police have registered a case of accidental death and launched a probe.