A day after attempting suicide in Sabarmati Central Jail, the Lok Rakshak Dal who was posted in the Z+ security cover of encounter cops PP Pandey and DG Vanzara allegedly jumped into Sabarmati river late on Saturday.
The constable called his senior to inform him that he was committing suicide, and later jumped into the river before anyone could save him.
The news spread grief among the cops who made several attempts to counsel constable Baldev Amtah Rabari, a day earlier through professional psychiatrists.
Rabari who was allegedly upset with his father’s demise and, suspected marital issues too, took the extreme step after his failed suicide-bid in Sabarmati central jail. Rabari was a part of ‘F9’ company of the Ahmedabad police headquarters that provides security cover for the jailed cops Pandey and Vanzara.
JCP (HQ) (in charge) HG Patel said, “After his suicide attempt we called him to the headquarters to hear his problems and sort them if we could. He had clarified he had no issues with his work. He was under depression after the sudden demise of his father last month and even had marital issues, however that is unclear. Yesterday we took him to Zindagi helpline but he was running out of the sessions again an again. He was also given medication by a psychiatrist”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The police said Rabari called his inspector in headquarters and informed him that he was going to jump into Sabarmati river. This put the entire city police department on alert and a message was relayed to all police stations to stop him. However, before police could reach the spot, the control received a message that “one man has jumped from Ambedkar Bridge”. The police added that soon after calling his inspector, he switched off his phone.
“His uncle had accompanied him to all the counselling sessions and, Saturday morning, he even reported to the headquarters. He appeared normal and under control. We had even initiated an inquiry into his suicide attempt under ACP headquarters but he didn’t meet the ACP at all. We are finding out what could have transpired in the evening which lead him to take this extreme step. We are very upset”.
JCP HQ Manoj Agarwal, who is currently in Lucknow for Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s rally, also spoke to Rabari a day earlier and promised him help if he was upset with his work or required any other help in personal matters, Patel stated.
Rabari had attempted suicide by using his service rifle after loading 10 bullets into it, out side Gandhi Yard, close to Vanzara and Pandey’s cells in Sardar Yard. However he was rescued by his fellow constable Ravindrasinh, who stopped him after the rifle failed to fire.
The police added that Rabari was a young, energetic and fun loving cop who was reportedly interested in body building. He was popular among his circle of young constables for his strong build and looks, police said.
The police have registered a case of accidental death and launched a probe.