Bavku Undhad, Congress MLA from Lathi-Liliya Assembly constituency in Saurashtra, joined the BJP on Monday. With this, he resigned as an MLA and primary member of the Congress.
He was welcomed back to the BJP by state BJP president R C Faldu and outgoing Rajya Sabha member Purshottam Rupala, who termed the development as “homecoming”.
Undhad said that he had no grievance or dissatisfaction against anyone in the Congress till quitting the party.
“But looking at the current political situation in the whole country, with people eager to see Modi as the next PM, I have rejoined my mother organisation today to fulfil the people’s demand of making Narendrabhai the next Prime Minister,” he said, adding that nearly 80 supporters had joined the BJP with him.
Asked how would he face his committed voters, who had voted for him because he was a Congress candidate, Undhad said that he had convinced all of them about the need to join the BJP to make Modi PM.
Asked about his earlier stand on Modi, when he had called him a “dictator”, Undhad said, “Whatever I said at that time, I did that as part of my being an Opposition MLA and as per the directions issued by my erstwhile seniors.” So, how did his heart change now and did his conscience not bite him? To this, he said, “The need of the time is to help Narendrabhai in the interest of the nation.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Asked if he wanted to contest the Amreli Lok Sabha seat from the BJP in the coming elections, he said, “Not in Lok Sabha, but I will love to contest the Lathi-Lililya Assembly by-election. But the party decision will be final.”