The Congress demanded immediate installation of closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras in all civic facilities, including hospitals, to keep an eye on trouble makers or when there are confrontations between hospital staff and aggrieved relatives of patients over treatment lapses.
It also questioned the rationale of hiring security agencies as their personnel remain a mute spectator at the time when they are required to prevent trouble.
In a letter written to the municipal commissioner on Saturday, Opposition AMC leader Badruddin Shaikh said that AMC should take stern action against private security firms for securing no action in time of need. The authorities should set up such a mechanism in hospitals that can help avoid trouble and confrontation on hospital premises, so that hospital staff should not resort to strike.
It has been pointed out that in the past six months, five incidents of fight between hospital staff and relatives of patients have taken pace in various municipal hospitals. “After issuing tenders for installation of CCTV cameras in July 2008, no further action has been taken so far,” the leader said.
The letter was written in the wake of doctors going on strike at L G Hospital on Friday over fight between staff and patients’ relatives about wrong treatment to a patient which caused serious complications.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched