The Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) has threatened to initiate legal action against author-activist Madhu Kishwar, following allegations by Kishwar that Congress Lok Sabha candidate from Ahmedabad (East) constituency Himmatsinh Patel, who was the Ahmedabad Mayor during the 2002 communal riots, was involved in the conspiracy behind it.
The threat to take legal action was given by party spokesperson Amiben Yagnik.
She made these remarks during the launch of her book, ‘Modi, Muslims and Media’ on Thursday. In the same breath, she also alleged that “mischievous” elements of BJP, VHP and Bajrang Dal were involved in the riots. However, she strongly defended Chief Minister Narendra Modi, stating that she did not come across any evidence that hints at Modi’s role in the riots during the research for her book.
Yagnik on Friday said the timing of the book launch, which seems to be have been sponsored by BJP, indicated that Kishwar’s whole exercise was politically motivated to harm the Congress and create an atmosphere in favour of BJP.
“In the past 10 years, no one ever spoke of the role of Congress or its leaders in the riots. All of a sudden, Kishwar has levelled baseless allegations against the Congress with regard to the riots,” Yagnik said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More