The Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) has threatened to initiate legal action against author-activist Madhu Kishwar, following allegations by Kishwar that Congress Lok Sabha candidate from Ahmedabad (East) constituency Himmatsinh Patel, who was the Ahmedabad Mayor during the 2002 communal riots, was involved in the conspiracy behind it.
The threat to take legal action was given by party spokesperson Amiben Yagnik.
She made these remarks during the launch of her book, ‘Modi, Muslims and Media’ on Thursday. In the same breath, she also alleged that “mischievous” elements of BJP, VHP and Bajrang Dal were involved in the riots. However, she strongly defended Chief Minister Narendra Modi, stating that she did not come across any evidence that hints at Modi’s role in the riots during the research for her book.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Yagnik on Friday said the timing of the book launch, which seems to be have been sponsored by BJP, indicated that Kishwar’s whole exercise was politically motivated to harm the Congress and create an atmosphere in favour of BJP.
“In the past 10 years, no one ever spoke of the role of Congress or its leaders in the riots. All of a sudden, Kishwar has levelled baseless allegations against the Congress with regard to the riots,” Yagnik said.