The Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) on Friday demanded criminal proceedings against senior BJP leader L K Advani for discrepancies in his affidavits that he submitted along with his nomination forms for Lok Sabha polls in 2004, 2009 and 2014.
Addressing mediapersons here, GPCC chief Arjun Modhwadia said that there were different informations about Advani’s educational background in the three affidavits, meaning that none of them were correct.
“Giving wrong information on oath attracts two years of prison term under Representation of Peoples Act, 1951, Section 125-A, IPC 177, along with CRPC 200, IPC 181 and 182,” said Modhwadia.
Giving details about the contradictions in Advanis’s affidavit, the Congress leader said that while 2004 affidavit said that Advani passed LLB examinations in 1942, Std X exams in 1944 and Std XII exams in 1947, which was quite illogical.
In 2009 affidavit, the BJP leader stated that he passed his Std X exams in 1942, Std XII exams in 1944 and LLB in 1947.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the latest affidavit in 2014, Advani says that he passed matriculation examination or Std XI exams in 1942, Inter Science in 1944 and LLB in 1947.
Analysing the the three affidavits, Modhwadia said that 2004 affidavit indicated Advani completed his LLB at the age of 15 going by his date of birth which is November 8, 1927. In two subsequent affidavits, he says he completed his LLB at the age of 19 years which was totally impossible.
“Let Advaniji produce his original certificates for verification of his claims about his education background,” Modhwadia said.
He said that his party would approach the Election Commission to initiate appropriate action in the matter.
“Voters of Gandhinagar constituency as also the rest of India want to know what is the truth about educational qualification of Advani, the ‘ex-Chhote Sardar’, who had once been projected as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate,” the Congress leader observed.
In his 2014 affidavit, Advani has claimed that he has completed his LLB from Government Law College, Mumbai.
“But in his book — My Country, My Life — Advani has claimed that he came to Delhi as a refugee on September 12, 1947 and he met Veer Savarkar on his very first visit to Mumbai in November 1947,” Modhwadia said.
“If Advani’s visit to Mumbai in November 1947 was the first visit, then how did he manage to complete his LLB from Mumbai in 1947 itself,” Modhwadia said.