Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid courtesy visit to Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan,Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committees office,in Ahmedabad on Tuesday. During the 20-minute visit,he asked the Congress leaders to get feedback on issue concerning people to prepare Congress manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections. Gujarat Congress submitted a memorandum to the PM,highlighting seven issues,including release of Indian boats from Pakistans custody to Sardar Sarovar Dams height and the incomplete canal network. Singh,who was in the city to inaugurate Sardar Patel Smarak,was visiting the Gujarat Congress office for the first time. A delegation of parents,whose children have gone missing in Gujarat,also submitted a memorandum to the PM.
I am feeling happy and proud to be in the land of Gandhi (Mahatma) and Sardar (Vallabhbhai Patel), said Singh,addressing Congress leaders. I am thrilled to be at the place (Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan) where Sardar Patel shouldered responsibility of being the president of Gujarat Congress Pradesh Committee for 25 years, he added. Singh arrived at the Congress office straight from the airport. The Congress leaders maintained that the meeting with Singh remained very formal and short.
In less than a months time,Singh was the second top national leader to visit Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan. Earlier,Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi had visited and held long meetings with party workers. The Congress memorandum requested the PM to ask the Madhya Pradesh government to accelerate relief and rehabilitation work of Sardar Sarovar Dam so that the reservoirs height can be raised to 138 meters,as sanctioned by the Supreme Court. It also wanted Singh to impress upon the Gujarat government to expedite work on the Narmada canal network. Only 23,000 of the total 85,000-km pipeline has been laid so far.
The memorandum also talked about accelerating the Delhi-Mumbai Freight Corridor Project for the overall development of Gujarat. It requested the PM to instruct the state to release compensation to farmers affected by heavy rains last month. The state Congress also wanted the PM to intervene in getting the land allotted for the new campus of IIT,Gandhinagar.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More