Extensive combing operation was carried out by the police in communally-sensitive localities situated in Vadodara’s old city area and houses located in areas that witnessed stone pelting late Friday night. The police arrested two persons in connection with the communal clash so far.
Police said that they were searching for stones collected in these localities that are used during clashes on groups belonging to two different communities, even though nothing incriminatory was recovered so far. Two persons were arrested from Wadi locality and further investigation was on, they said. The arrested were identified as Malang Miyan and Gulam Mohammad Ibrahim, both belonging to a locality in Wadi.
Combing operations continues amidst tight bandobast by a team of police and State Reserve Police Force (SRPF), who were deployed in localities in old city areas including Juni Gadi, Chhipwad, Patel Fadia and Panigate where clashes flared up.
Police said that situation was under control, but were leaving no chance to ensure that law and order was maintained.
A minor scuffle between members of two communities near Vijay Vallabh street in Juni Gadi locality on Friday night on the issue of parking of an autorickshaw escalated into stone pelting between members of two communities, which left over a dozen vehicles damaged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While locals expressed doubt that a locally-made rocket launcher was also used in the attack and rounds fired from pistol, police said that no such rocket launcher or revolvers were used during the clash. They also kept the number of injured to four, which included an SRPF personnel. Police had to fire 16 rounds of tear gas to control the situation.
“We are carrying out combing all over the communally-sensitive areas in old city and are searching terraces of houses for stones that might have been accumulated in order to prevent any such incident. Only stones and no other weapons were used in the incident, and we have increased extensive security in the area,” city Police Inspector J G Amin said.