The Indian Coast Guard intercepted a Pakistani boat off Mitha Port on Thursday and arrested seven fishermen who were on board for allegedly entering the Indian waters illegally. On the same day,over 50 fishermen from Gujarat were arrested by the Pakistani maritime security agency after they strayed into Pakistans territorial waters from Porbandar coast.
The Indian Coast Guard officials said the Pakistani boat Al Riyaz was caught off 40 nautical miles near Mitha port by ICG vessel Rajratna. A Coast Guard official said,Seven fishermen were detained and escorted to Okha. After the primary inquiry,they were handed over to local police for interrogation.
Six boats had left from Porbandar and another three from Mangrol on Wednesday morning for fishing. However,the fishermen strayed and entered Pakistans waters and were apprehended. Their nine boats were also confiscated.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The officials here added that the Indian fishermen have been handed over to Karachi police for interrogation. These arrests came less than a month after the release of more than 300 Indian fishermen from Pakistan jails. There are still 97 Indian fishermen and three other Indian nationals languishing in jails in Karachi.