Just a day after a 23-year-old woman, Kanta Vasava, was killed in a crocodile attack in Mahadevpura village of Vadodara district, another 17-year-old boy escaped the same fate in Dena village on Wednesday.
The incident took place when the victim, Mohin Qureshi, who was passing by a pond in his village, ventured inside to rescue a duck that the crocodile had injured earlier.
Mohin was almost dragged into the pond by a crocodile. The second crocodile attack in as many days has caused much panic among the residents of Dena village. According to locals, Mohin fell into trouble when he went to “save” a duck that had been attacked by a crocodile in the pond. Ahmed Qureshi, former Sarpanch of the village, said, “Mohin saw the duck getting injured.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When the waters became still and the crocodile disappeared, he ventured inside assuming that the reptile must have swam away. However, to his utter horror, he felt something moving under his leg. Immediately, he tried to swim back, but the crocodile had caught him by his leg.”
However, Mohin raised an alarm and because he was close to the edge of the pond, with the help of villagers who rushed to his side, he was pulled out. He has suffered deep crocodile bite wounds on his right knee.
Mohin is being treated for his injuries at a government hospital, while the duck he intended to save has succumbed it its injuries.
Body fished out
In Mahadevpura village of Waghodia, fire officials pulled out Vasava’s body abandoned by the crocodile, a day after she was attacked while washing clothes on the back of Deva river. Vasava’s body was found by forest officials.
An official said, “We were able to pull out Vasava’s body on Wednesday. The reptile has eaten away both her arms. The post mortem of the body was conducted at the spot itself and the body was handed over to her inconsolable family.”