Just a day after a 23-year-old woman, Kanta Vasava, was killed in a crocodile attack in Mahadevpura village of Vadodara district, another 17-year-old boy escaped the same fate in Dena village on Wednesday.
The incident took place when the victim, Mohin Qureshi, who was passing by a pond in his village, ventured inside to rescue a duck that the crocodile had injured earlier.
Mohin was almost dragged into the pond by a crocodile. The second crocodile attack in as many days has caused much panic among the residents of Dena village. According to locals, Mohin fell into trouble when he went to “save” a duck that had been attacked by a crocodile in the pond. Ahmed Qureshi, former Sarpanch of the village, said, “Mohin saw the duck getting injured.
When the waters became still and the crocodile disappeared, he ventured inside assuming that the reptile must have swam away. However, to his utter horror, he felt something moving under his leg. Immediately, he tried to swim back, but the crocodile had caught him by his leg.”
However, Mohin raised an alarm and because he was close to the edge of the pond, with the help of villagers who rushed to his side, he was pulled out. He has suffered deep crocodile bite wounds on his right knee.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mohin is being treated for his injuries at a government hospital, while the duck he intended to save has succumbed it its injuries.
Body fished out
In Mahadevpura village of Waghodia, fire officials pulled out Vasava’s body abandoned by the crocodile, a day after she was attacked while washing clothes on the back of Deva river. Vasava’s body was found by forest officials.
An official said, “We were able to pull out Vasava’s body on Wednesday. The reptile has eaten away both her arms. The post mortem of the body was conducted at the spot itself and the body was handed over to her inconsolable family.”