Boy electrocuted in school near Vadodara

A 13-year-old boy died of electrocution at Madhavnagar village near Vadodara on Tuesday morning after he was allegedly asked by his school principal to climb a tree within the school premises which touched high-voltage electric wire running overhead.

Written by Express News Service | Vadodara | Published: June 20, 2012 5:34 am

A 13-year-old boy died of electrocution at Madhavnagar village near Vadodara on Tuesday morning after he was allegedly asked by his school principal to climb a tree within the school premises which touched high-voltage electric wire running overhead.

The family members of the victim,Vishnu Sonagara,blamed the school principal for his death,while school authorities put the blame on Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited (MGVCL) for running high-voltage electric wire from within the school premises.

“The principal would force school children to clean school premises,fetch things for them and would even beat them up. She asked my son to climb the tree to fetch twigs,” Kishorbhai Sonagara,father of the victim,said. The boy died instantly after falling from the tree. His body was brought to the SSG Hospital in Vadodara on Tuesday for postmortem.

Vishnu’s mother Lakshmiben Sonagara said his son was a sincere boy who used to earn Rs 100 per day for the family of six,which included her husband and her three daughters. She said the principal had forced her son to climb up the tree.

Principal of Madhavnagar Primary School Kailashben Patel said,“We had

repeatedly asked electricity officials to shift wire

from within school

premises and repair electrical supply before the monsoon. I had allowed the boy to go out to the toilet and had not asked him to climb the tree.”

A case of accidental death was filed at Waghodia police station in this connection,officials said.

For all the latest Ahmedabad News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results