The Gujarat BJP, which has come out with three back-to-back special issues of its fortnightly mouthpiece – Manogat – has dedicated one issue to the alleged scams by Congress governments since the time of the country’s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. Targeting the Nehru-Gandhi family, the issue also lists out allegations in the guise of “questions” to “Sonia sarkar”, charging the Congress-led government at the Centre of appeasing Christians and Muslims.
The “package” of three special editions were sent to this newspaper on Tuesday. Its 27-page March 10 issue is titled “Development special” and lists the achievements of the Modi government under “Gujarat’s experience, India’s hope”. The April 10 issue chronicles the Congress scams and April 25 edition reproduces the BJP manifesto for general elections in Gujarati.
The 48 scams by Congress governments at the Centre, according to Manogat, are worth “Rs 10 lakh crore” and go as far back as the Dharma-Teja ship builders’ scam of Nehru’s time, the Maruti car scam involving Sanjay Gandhi, Bofors during Rajiv Gandhi’s time, to the allegations against Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra.
One of the snippets in the issue also accuses Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal of trying to seize land worth Rs 1,000 crore belonging to the Rajasthan government when she was the state’s deputy chief minister. It quoted a 2012 report by the Rajasthan registrar of co-operatives which indicted Beniwal. When contacted for a reaction, M M Shaikh, the governor’s press secretary, said, “It is not the tradition of this office to give reactions. Press statements are being issued whenever required.”
Titled “Congress means scams”, the April 10 issue, which has a picture of Modi on every page with the slogan “Abki baar, Modi sarkar,” lists allegations under the title: “The people ask…Does the Congress have answers?” The March 10 glossy edition has a Modi photo at the bottom of each page in different attires and headgears, with by a quote by him. In his note, Manogat editor and BJP state treasurer Surendra Patel, says, “The last few editions of Manogat have been published as special editions given the LS elections.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More