The Gujarat BJP, which has come out with three back-to-back special issues of its fortnightly mouthpiece – Manogat – has dedicated one issue to the alleged scams by Congress governments since the time of the country’s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. Targeting the Nehru-Gandhi family, the issue also lists out allegations in the guise of “questions” to “Sonia sarkar”, charging the Congress-led government at the Centre of appeasing Christians and Muslims.
The “package” of three special editions were sent to this newspaper on Tuesday. Its 27-page March 10 issue is titled “Development special” and lists the achievements of the Modi government under “Gujarat’s experience, India’s hope”. The April 10 issue chronicles the Congress scams and April 25 edition reproduces the BJP manifesto for general elections in Gujarati.
The 48 scams by Congress governments at the Centre, according to Manogat, are worth “Rs 10 lakh crore” and go as far back as the Dharma-Teja ship builders’ scam of Nehru’s time, the Maruti car scam involving Sanjay Gandhi, Bofors during Rajiv Gandhi’s time, to the allegations against Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
One of the snippets in the issue also accuses Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal of trying to seize land worth Rs 1,000 crore belonging to the Rajasthan government when she was the state’s deputy chief minister. It quoted a 2012 report by the Rajasthan registrar of co-operatives which indicted Beniwal. When contacted for a reaction, M M Shaikh, the governor’s press secretary, said, “It is not the tradition of this office to give reactions. Press statements are being issued whenever required.”
Titled “Congress means scams”, the April 10 issue, which has a picture of Modi on every page with the slogan “Abki baar, Modi sarkar,” lists allegations under the title: “The people ask…Does the Congress have answers?” The March 10 glossy edition has a Modi photo at the bottom of each page in different attires and headgears, with by a quote by him. In his note, Manogat editor and BJP state treasurer Surendra Patel, says, “The last few editions of Manogat have been published as special editions given the LS elections.”