Ahmedabad Mayor Minaxi Patel and former deputy mayor Darshana Vaghela joined the garba by ecstatic women workers of the BJP in front of the party office at Khanpur, to celebrate the elevation of national general secretary Amit Shah as national party president.
Party’s city president Rakesh Shah and municipal corporation leader Mayur Dave could be seen giving interviews to TV channels amid deafening beating of drums by the supporters.
Simultaneously, during the budget discussions in the state Assembly at around 12.30 pm, Speaker Vajubhai Vala announced Shah’s elevation.
The announcement was hailed by all the BJP MLAs in the House by thumping their desks.
Chief Minister Anandi Patel issued a press release congratulating Shah for being appointed as BJP national president. She praised Shah’s organisational skills, while adding that he played a key role in making sure BJP’s win in Uttar Pradesh during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. She also wished Shah to make BJP win in other states as well.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
All party workers were instructed to organise similar celebration and conduct fireworks display in each of the 64 civic wards.
State party president R C Faldu congratulated Shah saying, “It is a good omen for the country that both prime minister and the BJP national president are from Gujarat to give direction to the entire country in organisational and government matters in the same year. Amitbhai is the youngest and first BJP president from Gujarat, which is a matter of pride for us all,” Faldu said from Rajkot.
“We were informed of the decision on Tuesday evening about the decision,” he added.