Ahmedabad Mayor Minaxi Patel and former deputy mayor Darshana Vaghela joined the garba by ecstatic women workers of the BJP in front of the party office at Khanpur, to celebrate the elevation of national general secretary Amit Shah as national party president.
Party’s city president Rakesh Shah and municipal corporation leader Mayur Dave could be seen giving interviews to TV channels amid deafening beating of drums by the supporters.
Simultaneously, during the budget discussions in the state Assembly at around 12.30 pm, Speaker Vajubhai Vala announced Shah’s elevation.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The announcement was hailed by all the BJP MLAs in the House by thumping their desks.
Chief Minister Anandi Patel issued a press release congratulating Shah for being appointed as BJP national president. She praised Shah’s organisational skills, while adding that he played a key role in making sure BJP’s win in Uttar Pradesh during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. She also wished Shah to make BJP win in other states as well.
All party workers were instructed to organise similar celebration and conduct fireworks display in each of the 64 civic wards.
State party president R C Faldu congratulated Shah saying, “It is a good omen for the country that both prime minister and the BJP national president are from Gujarat to give direction to the entire country in organisational and government matters in the same year. Amitbhai is the youngest and first BJP president from Gujarat, which is a matter of pride for us all,” Faldu said from Rajkot.
“We were informed of the decision on Tuesday evening about the decision,” he added.