A day after the Election Commission banned BJP’s general secretary and Uttar Pradesh poll in-charge Amit Shah from holding any public meeting in the state, the party on Saturday urged the panel to reconsider its order.
Addressing mediapersons here on Saturday, BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said that the utterances of the two — Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan and Shah — could not be compared with each other. While Shah was only telling the people to take revenge by voting against guilty leaders, Khan was communalising the issue of Kargil war.
“BJP honestly believes that Shah has not said anything in breach of the model code of conduct…We respect the EC, but its order of April 11 has hurt us,” said Prasad, who was in Ahmedabad to address a public meeting for party’s Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency candidate L K Advnani.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He said that when the EC had slapped a showcause notice on Shah for the “offending speech”, how come it would not wait till getting a reply to the notice instead of directly banning him from addressing rallies and public meetings in the poll bound UP. “Actually, EC is upset because the UP government is not heeding on it about Azam Khan,” he said.
When asked about Narendra Modi withholding facts on marital status in his earlier affidavits, he said that one must not go into personal details of a person.
He said that the result of this elections was going to be astonishing under Modi leadership. The people wanted a change and a prime minister who would not be just an “accidental” option, but consciously chosen to lead the country, he added.
Referring to the former journalist and PM’s media advisor Sanjaya Baru’s book Accidental Prime Minister, Prasad said that the book exposed how the “mother-son duo” brought down dignity of the office of the PM.