A day after the Election Commission banned BJP’s general secretary and Uttar Pradesh poll in-charge Amit Shah from holding any public meeting in the state, the party on Saturday urged the panel to reconsider its order.
Addressing mediapersons here on Saturday, BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said that the utterances of the two — Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan and Shah — could not be compared with each other. While Shah was only telling the people to take revenge by voting against guilty leaders, Khan was communalising the issue of Kargil war.
“BJP honestly believes that Shah has not said anything in breach of the model code of conduct…We respect the EC, but its order of April 11 has hurt us,” said Prasad, who was in Ahmedabad to address a public meeting for party’s Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency candidate L K Advnani.
He said that when the EC had slapped a showcause notice on Shah for the “offending speech”, how come it would not wait till getting a reply to the notice instead of directly banning him from addressing rallies and public meetings in the poll bound UP. “Actually, EC is upset because the UP government is not heeding on it about Azam Khan,” he said.
When asked about Narendra Modi withholding facts on marital status in his earlier affidavits, he said that one must not go into personal details of a person.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He said that the result of this elections was going to be astonishing under Modi leadership. The people wanted a change and a prime minister who would not be just an “accidental” option, but consciously chosen to lead the country, he added.
Referring to the former journalist and PM’s media advisor Sanjaya Baru’s book Accidental Prime Minister, Prasad said that the book exposed how the “mother-son duo” brought down dignity of the office of the PM.