The BJP legal cell has filed a complaint before the Election Commission against posters that came up in Pandesara area of the city showing Narendra Modi and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackeray with slogans “Jage UP, Jage Bihar, Kare Matdan to jeete Hindustan” (Wake up UP , wake up Bihar, vote to make India win). Pandesara is the neighbourhood where all the migrants from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar reside. The posters were seen on the walls outside Daxeshwar Temple and Baroda Rayon Corporation Company wall in Pandesara area on Friday morning. The posters were put up by Youth Congress workers.
Sources said that the Pandesara area falls under Navsari constituency from where BJP MP C R Patil is contesting. Majority of people staying in Pandeara and Sachin areas are from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and other states. These people work in different textile factories in GIDCs.
The party’s legal cell filed complaints before Surat and Navsari district collectors. “Through such posters, the notorious elements wanted to spread casteism in the society and legal action should be taken against those involved in this act,” said Rajesh Thakarya, Surat city convenor of BJP legal cell.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Surat city Youth Congress vice-president Anup Rajput said, “By printing such posters, I have shown my feelings to public that the north Indians staying in Mumbai and its neighbouring areas were attacked by members of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.”