The BJP legal cell has filed a complaint before the Election Commission against posters that came up in Pandesara area of the city showing Narendra Modi and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackeray with slogans “Jage UP, Jage Bihar, Kare Matdan to jeete Hindustan” (Wake up UP , wake up Bihar, vote to make India win). Pandesara is the neighbourhood where all the migrants from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar reside. The posters were seen on the walls outside Daxeshwar Temple and Baroda Rayon Corporation Company wall in Pandesara area on Friday morning. The posters were put up by Youth Congress workers.
Sources said that the Pandesara area falls under Navsari constituency from where BJP MP C R Patil is contesting. Majority of people staying in Pandeara and Sachin areas are from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and other states. These people work in different textile factories in GIDCs.
The party’s legal cell filed complaints before Surat and Navsari district collectors. “Through such posters, the notorious elements wanted to spread casteism in the society and legal action should be taken against those involved in this act,” said Rajesh Thakarya, Surat city convenor of BJP legal cell.
Surat city Youth Congress vice-president Anup Rajput said, “By printing such posters, I have shown my feelings to public that the north Indians staying in Mumbai and its neighbouring areas were attacked by members of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016