Politician-turned-actor Madhu Srivastav has tried to highlight the plight of farmers whose land is illegally grabbed by mafia, through his Gujarati film ‘Thakorna Kol Jagma Anmol’.
“I decided to launch this movie to highlight social issues and help farmers in getting their lands illegally grabbed by the mafias and anti social elements,” Srivastav said.
The BJP MLA is playing the role of a social worker in film, set to hit the cinema screens across Gujarat on March 14.
“You have seen many actors who become politicians, including Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, and late Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N T Rama Rao. But here is the case of a neta becoming abhineta,” he said.
The movie is produced by his son Dipak Srivastav, a BJP corporator in the Vadodara Municipal Corporation, and another family member Atul Srivastav.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The shooting for the film took place on the banks of Narmada river at Chandod town, about 60 kms from Vadodara, Rajpipla, Halol, Pavagadh and other places, including Madhu’s Waghodiya Assembly constituency.
The premier of the movie will be held at a city theatre on March 13.
Madhu Srivastav had some years back hit headlines when he was caught on camera in a sting operation confessing he had paid money to Best Bakery riot case prime witness Zaheera Sheikh to turn hostile.