Politician-turned-actor Madhu Srivastav has tried to highlight the plight of farmers whose land is illegally grabbed by mafia, through his Gujarati film ‘Thakorna Kol Jagma Anmol’.
“I decided to launch this movie to highlight social issues and help farmers in getting their lands illegally grabbed by the mafias and anti social elements,” Srivastav said.
The BJP MLA is playing the role of a social worker in film, set to hit the cinema screens across Gujarat on March 14.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“You have seen many actors who become politicians, including Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, and late Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N T Rama Rao. But here is the case of a neta becoming abhineta,” he said.
The movie is produced by his son Dipak Srivastav, a BJP corporator in the Vadodara Municipal Corporation, and another family member Atul Srivastav.
The shooting for the film took place on the banks of Narmada river at Chandod town, about 60 kms from Vadodara, Rajpipla, Halol, Pavagadh and other places, including Madhu’s Waghodiya Assembly constituency.
The premier of the movie will be held at a city theatre on March 13.
Madhu Srivastav had some years back hit headlines when he was caught on camera in a sting operation confessing he had paid money to Best Bakery riot case prime witness Zaheera Sheikh to turn hostile.