The BJP on Tuesday started the process of selecting candidate for the forthcoming bypoll of the Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency that is scheduled to be held on September 13.
Three senior party leaders — city in-charge and state BJP vice-president Kaushik Patel, Ahmedabad ex-mayor Bhavnaben Patel and leader Jayanti Barot — held a meeting with party leaders to review the current situation in the constituency.
Several senior leaders including party MLAs from Assembly constituencies falling under Vadodara Lok Sabha seat — Savli, Waghodia, Vadodara city, Sayajigunj, Akota, Raopura and Manjalpur — and city corporators, district panchayat and district-level leaders were present in the meeting held at the party office in Manubhai Tower. The meeting will continue on Wednesday too.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
The meeting was organised ahead of the declaration of party candidate’s name for the seat from where Prime Minister Narendra Modi resigned after he decided to retain Varanasi seat. None of the observers interacted with the media on the ground that the process was confidential and the name of the candidate shortlisted would be declared officially at a later stage.
“The process will go on for two days in which leaders representing the party in the Assembly constituencies, district panchayat and municipal corporation, as well as those from various party cells will meet the observers. The name of the candidate will be finalised by the party’s Parliamentary Board at a later stage and announced officially,” a party leader said.
No candidate has so far come forward to stake his claim for the seat and the decision is left entirely to the party, sources said.
Samarjitsinh Gaekwad, ruler of the erstwhile Gaekwad dynasty and president of Baroda Cricket Association, and former MP Balkrishna Shukla are seen as the frontrunner for the candidature.
The Election Commission recently announced the election date for three Lok Sabha constituencies including Vadodara and 33 Assembly constituencies on September 13. The result will be announced on September 16.