A tutor from Bharuch, who is also the husband of BJP’s Bharuch nagarpalika councillor from ward number 3, was arrested after two girls lodged a complaint of sexual harassment against him at Bharuch police station. The girls, who live in Bharuch town, study in a private school in Class VII and VIII, have been taking tuitions from Om Study Centre at Shanktinath Society in Bharuch for the last few years.
Police said that both the girls went to the tuition classes as per their regular timings on Friday morning. The tutor, Gaurang Bhatt, runs the tuition class on the first floor of his house, where he lives on the ground floor with his wife Deepa Bhatt and their two children.
- Mumbai: 40-yr-old karate teacher arrested for ‘molesting’ 6-year-old girl
- Three days after ‘jumping’ from hostel building: Medical intern dies, was under psychiatric care for 3 yrs
- Mumbai: Man gets 3-year jail for kissing minor girl forcibly
- Amid outrage over Kathua, four rape cases lodged in single day in UP; victims in three are children
- Gujarat: Remains in backyard, woman under probe for 10 missing children
- Nine-year-old girl sexually assaulted in Dadar school after she misses bus home
Bhatt was alone when he called the girls from the class upstairs to his home on the ground floor and began fondling them. The girls complained about this to their parents, following which they called up Bhatt who failed to explain his action. The parents of both the girls, along with their relatives, reached the tuition centre and confronted him. There were heated exchanges and Bhatt asked them to leave his house. Deepa also threatened the parents of dire consequences.
Seeing the situation going out of control, a member of the public called the police control room. After the police intervened, a sexual harassment complaint against Bhatt was lodged and he was arrested. Bharuch A Division Police inspector B A Sharma said, “We have registered a complaint lodged by both the girls and have arrested the accused.” Councillor Deepa Bhatt said, “The allegations levelled against my husband are baseless. We will try to find out the truth.”