BJP corporator from Ward no. 6, Anil Rathod was arrested by police on Friday afternoon for allegedly slapping his fellow corporator Jayshree Dodiya a day ago.
“Rathod was arrested as he came out of the office of the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) at 1.25 pm. We shall produce the corporator in court later in the evening,” A Division police sub-inspector Janak Rana told The Indian Express.
The police arrest was looming over Rathod, a three-time sitting corporator, ever since Dodiya, also BJP corporator from the same Ward no.6, filed a complaint late on Thursday with the A Division police. In her complaint, the two-term corporator alleged that Rathod slapped and kicked her and also threatened in the office of the leader of the ruling party.
The alleged incident took place on the premises of the main office of the RMC in Dhebar Chowk on Thursday afternoon. Police say the two corporators had an argument over who was member of a dissident group of BJP corporators before Rathod slapped Dodiya.
“During primary interrogation, Rathod has admitted he had an argument with Dodiya. However, he claims he did not abuse or slapped the woman corporator,” Rana, who is investigating officer of the case, said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Dodiya had got herself admitted to Civil Hospital in Rajkot late on Thursday evening complaining she was experiencing pain in her abdomen after being hit by Rathod.
“We have summoned medical reports from the hospital and shall come to know the nature of injury, if any, the complainant suffered in the scuffle,” Rana further said.
Meanwhile, local BJP leaders termed the episode a “family affair.” Rajkot city BJP unit president Bhikha Vasoya said: “This is painful incident but at the same time it is a family affair. We shall sort out the issue by pacifying both the corporators.”
However, Aravind Raiyani, leader of the ruling BJP in the RMC, said the party would seek explanation from both the parties. “After the police investigation is over, we shall hear both the corporators, seek explanations from them and decide after that if any disciplinary action is warranted,” said Raiyani.
While Rathod is a member of the standing committee of the civic body, Dodiya currently does not occupy any position. The A Divisoin police have booked Rathod for voluntary causing hurt and criminal intimidation and started further investigation.