BJP candidates Shambhuprasad Tundiya, Chunibhai Gohil and Lalsinh Vadodiya and Congress’ Madhusudhan Mistry on Tuesday filed their nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha election from Gujarat.
Tundiya, a religious leader belonging to the Dalit community, Gohil, a leader of fishermen community and Vadodia, a Kshatriya community leader from Central Gujarat’s Anand district, were handpicked by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, keeping in mind the regional and caste equations ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
The three filed their nominations before Assembly secretary D M Patel today in presence of Modi, revenue minister Anandi Patel, minister of state Pradeepsinh Jadeja, party chief whip in Assembly Pankaj Desai, among others.
The saffron party, under its no-repeat policy, decided not to nominate any of its three outgoing Rajya Sabha Mps Purushottam Rupala, Bharatsinh Parmar and Natuji Thakore.
Senior Congress leader Madhusudhan Mistry, who is party in-charge for Uttar Pradesh, filed his nomination papers in presence of Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Shankarsinh Vaghela and other party leaders. Elections to the Upper House (Rajya Sabha) will take place on February 7.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016