Stating that BJP-led NDA government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been completely exposed within 90 days of its rule, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Saturday said that Pakistani forces had committed more than 50 ceasefire violations along the Jammu and Kashmir border ever since Modi came to power, but his government had not taken any strong action to silence the Pakistani gunfire targeting Indian forces and villagers near the border.
He was speaking after the inauguration of the election office of the party candidate Meraman Goriya for Khambaliya Assembly bypolls in Jamnagar district.
Modhwadia went on to say that before coming to power, BJP leaders were aggressively boasting of teaching Pakistan a lesson, “but after coming to power they are talking of holding pep talks”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This amounts to betrayal of the people, because BJP leaders are not keeping the promises they made with them during the Lok Sabha election,” the Congress leader added.
Modhwadia recounted their challenge of checking price rise, while claiming, “The prices of vegetables and other food items have gone up 200 to 300 times in the past 90 days of BJP-led NDA rule.”
Stating that all 12 dams in Jamnagar and Dwarka districts were built during the Congress regime, he said that the state BJP government had not come up with even a single irrigation project in the region. While stating that farmers were facing difficulties and youths were not getting employment, he appealed to the people to elect the Congress candidate from Khambhaliya assembly seat to ensure their interests are protected.