Stating that BJP-led NDA government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been completely exposed within 90 days of its rule, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Saturday said that Pakistani forces had committed more than 50 ceasefire violations along the Jammu and Kashmir border ever since Modi came to power, but his government had not taken any strong action to silence the Pakistani gunfire targeting Indian forces and villagers near the border.
He was speaking after the inauguration of the election office of the party candidate Meraman Goriya for Khambaliya Assembly bypolls in Jamnagar district.
Modhwadia went on to say that before coming to power, BJP leaders were aggressively boasting of teaching Pakistan a lesson, “but after coming to power they are talking of holding pep talks”.
“This amounts to betrayal of the people, because BJP leaders are not keeping the promises they made with them during the Lok Sabha election,” the Congress leader added.
Modhwadia recounted their challenge of checking price rise, while claiming, “The prices of vegetables and other food items have gone up 200 to 300 times in the past 90 days of BJP-led NDA rule.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Stating that all 12 dams in Jamnagar and Dwarka districts were built during the Congress regime, he said that the state BJP government had not come up with even a single irrigation project in the region. While stating that farmers were facing difficulties and youths were not getting employment, he appealed to the people to elect the Congress candidate from Khambhaliya assembly seat to ensure their interests are protected.