After an educational trust in Amreli, headed by BJP leader Dilip Sanghani, made it mandatory to write Bharat Mata Ki Jai on admission forms, state education minister Bhup-endrasinh Chudasama Tuesday said, “Though this is an independent decision of the trust, I believe we should say ‘Bharat mata ki Jai’. There is nothing wrong in saying it.” He said that the state government had no role in the trust’s decision.
- They may destroy Lenin’s statue but red flags will rise in protest: Sitaram Yechury
- Tripura BJP workers, supporters bulldoze Lenin statue amid cries of ‘Bharat Mata ki jai’
- Those who don’t say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ are Pakistanis, says BJP MLA
- Punjab CM’s Media Advisor: ‘Prefer bole so nihal over Bharat Mata ki Jai’
- Union Minister joins Bharat Mata chorus at Mayors’ meet
- How ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ dominated news headlines for weeks
Shree Patel Vidyarthi Ashram Trust has made it compulsory for students seeking admission to its four institutes — two high schools, one primary school and a physiotherapy college — to write Bharat Mata ki Jai on admission forms or choose to be declined admission.