Calling himself “mazdoor no 1”, Narendra Modi on Tuesday said he would deliver on his promises but sought a clear mandate of 300+ seats to form a stable government.
“You won’t get a mazdoor like me. Modi is desh ka mazdoor no. 1 hai,’’ he told a responsive crowd in Jabalpur where he spoke at length unlike his three previous rallies where he rushed through to compensate for the delay.
The crowd chanted “Modi’’ and “Jai Shri Ram’’ as he slammed the UPA and Rahul Gandhi. He claimed no state would give two-digit seats to the oldest national party.
Elaborating on his target of 300-plus, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said the Congress wants to ensure that a stable government is not formed at the Centre.
“A meek, indecisive government won’t do. You have seen many rulers, give a chance to this sevak,’’ Modi said repeating his Madhya Pradesh counterpart’s slogan “Shasak nahi sevak”. The Gujarat CM said the Congress does not have neta (leader), niti (policy) and niyat (intention).
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In his usual play of words, he said “Congress ki file kho gayi, Hindustan ki life kho gayi,’’ blaming the UPA for closed power units and coal mines and darkness. “What residents of Jabalpur understand, the shahanshahs in Delhi don’t.’’
Modi accused the Delhi government of promoting “pink revolution” by making it a mission to export mutton. “They don’t want to promote export of green peas but mutton and take pride in it. Instead of protecting cattle, they give subsidy to slaughterhouses,’’ he said.
“Those who did not have Rs 50 lakh 10 years ago are now worth Rs 500 crore but muttar (peas) farmers are forced to commit suicide,’’ he said blaming vote bank politics for animal slaughter.
He told the crowd that he was on the same page as they are if they did not want their children to go through the difficulties experienced by their parents or grand parents.
“We have the same dream then,’’ he said, “you may be dreaming at night but I dream during the day and dreams don’t let me sleep.’’
Modi said, “Trust comes from track record not tape-record. You don’t need posters to build it because it comes from vani (speech), vartan (behaviour), jeevan (lifestyle)” he said repeating his call for a “Congress mukta Bharat’’.