The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has adopted an innovative way of choosing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. The Vadodara wing of the party, which launched its “Umeedwar Khoj Drive” on Wednesday, is now seeking nominations for Lok Sabha elections through a public opinion drive where aspiring candidates must gather signatures of at least 100 voters from their electoral constituency to be eligible for consideration while selecting a candidate.
Apart from this, AAP workers will interact with the masses and ask them to suggest names of good candidates. Apart from submitting a resume, aspiring Lok Saba candidates from AAP tickets will also have to furnish about 100 signatures from voters in the electoral constituency, along with their election card numbers.
According to local AAP leaders, the move is to choose “the most deserving” candidates from Vadodara. According to them, aspiring candidates can fill up the 12-page nomination form that requires them to furnish details about their association with AAP, the number of active members they have been able to make for the party and their active social work and involvement in the party so far.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
AAP’s media spokesperson Bhushan Bhatt said, “We are following the process since Delhi elections. If the person claims that he is extremely deserving to contest elections, he or she should be able to get at least 100 people to vouch for that. This will act as a filter in itself to be able to find the right candidate. We do not want to be seen as doing partiality in the selection of the candidates.”