The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has adopted an innovative way of choosing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. The Vadodara wing of the party, which launched its “Umeedwar Khoj Drive” on Wednesday, is now seeking nominations for Lok Sabha elections through a public opinion drive where aspiring candidates must gather signatures of at least 100 voters from their electoral constituency to be eligible for consideration while selecting a candidate.
Apart from this, AAP workers will interact with the masses and ask them to suggest names of good candidates. Apart from submitting a resume, aspiring Lok Saba candidates from AAP tickets will also have to furnish about 100 signatures from voters in the electoral constituency, along with their election card numbers.
According to local AAP leaders, the move is to choose “the most deserving” candidates from Vadodara. According to them, aspiring candidates can fill up the 12-page nomination form that requires them to furnish details about their association with AAP, the number of active members they have been able to make for the party and their active social work and involvement in the party so far.
AAP’s media spokesperson Bhushan Bhatt said, “We are following the process since Delhi elections. If the person claims that he is extremely deserving to contest elections, he or she should be able to get at least 100 people to vouch for that. This will act as a filter in itself to be able to find the right candidate. We do not want to be seen as doing partiality in the selection of the candidates.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016