A former aide of Asaram was shot at by an unidentified person early on Friday afternoon in Rajkot. He is said to be out of danger, but is under intense medical care. The man is known for speaking against him in public, who was earlier also attacked reportedly by Asaram’s men.
Amrut Prajapati, a resident of Odhav in Ahmedabad, who practices ayurveda in Rajkot, was shot at his clinic at around 1.15 pm. According to Rajkot Police Commissioner Mohan Jha, a person Raju Patel came to the clinic in the guise of getting examined by Prajapati.
“The moment he met Prajapati, he fired two rounds of bullets – one of which pierced Prjapati’s neck. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and is out of danger,” Jha told The Indian Express. The Rajkot police seized a motorcycle registered in Ahmedabad which is said to have been used by the attacker. Sources said that the police have traced the location of the suspect and the hunt to nab him was on.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Prajapati is known for raging voice against Asaram for last many years. He was part of Asaram’s team as an expert on ayurveda who parted ways after working nearly for 15 years. Earlier, there have been attacks on witnesses in the alleged rape cases against Asaram and his son Narayan Sai. There was an acid attack in Surat on Dinesh C Waghchandani.
Before him, a key witness Rakesh Patel was stabbed by two men in Surat.
Asaram is lodged in Jodhpur jail since his arrest in September last year for an alleged sexual assault case registered by a minor girl. In Surat too, a woman has accused Asaram of rape and illegal confinement in his asram. He was recently chargesheeted by the police after a SIT investigation.