The chargesheet filed before a Gandhinagar district court against Asaram claims the self-styled godman was sexually involved with at least six women. He has also been accused of having unnatural sex with them. The details of the chargesheet were revealed on Wednesday.
The police have placed statements of 101 witnesses with Asaram’s former cook Akhilesh Gupta marked as the star witness. Gupta has said that in July 2001, he saw the 33-year-old Surat-based girl — who lodged an FIR — coming out crying from of Asaram’s Shanti Vatika Kutir at Motera in Ahmedabad.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Gupta has said that a couple of weeks after Guru Purnima in 2001 Asaram’s daughter Bharti arrived at Shanti Kutir with two girls, including the victim. He has said the other girl, who was an expert in acupressure therapy, left with Bharti in ten minutes.
According to Gupta, the victim was with Asaram for about 45 minutes in the kutir which is located 2 km away from Gurukul Ashram run by Asaram. On several occasions, he says he asked Asaram why so many girls visited him alone but he was asked to keep quite and, sometimes threatened.
Gupta was associated with Asaram since 1996 when his father and mother were followers of the godman. He left him in 2008.
The chargesheet also reveals various murky details of Asaram’s relationships with other women. It states that in 2005 Asaram had unnatural sex with at least six women, including the complainant.
The police have chargesheeted Asaram, his wife Lakshmi, daughter Bharti, four women followers — identified as Dhruvben, Nirmala, Jassi and Meera —under various sections of Indian Penal Code including 376 (2) (C), 377, 357, 504 among others. The chargesheet was filed before Chief Judicial Magistrate J B Parikh in Gandhinagar.