Asked if he would contest agains Modi he said, “Let’s see”.
Kejriwal arriving in Gujarat for a four-day tour and said he would verify the development claims made by Modi. He had also asked Modi whether he would bring down the gas price if he came to power.
The former Delhi Chief Minister had earlier said that the contest in this elections is between his party and BJP.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
AAP has also announced that Kejriwal will fight elections against Modi if he contests from anywhere outside Gujarat.
Reacting to the announcement of elections he said, “every five years we see the same faces, the same UPA, same NDA…”
Kejriwal is on his first visit to Gujarat since the Delhi victory. After a rousing welcome at the Ahmedabad airport, he headed for Echchwada village near Hansalpur where the Maruti plant is coming up, to listen to the farmers. This was one of the villages protesting the acquisition of land for the Mandal-Becharaji Special Investment Region (SIR)
Kejriwal was accompanied by other AAP leaders, including Manish Sisodia and Sanjay Singh. They were welcomed by a large number of AAP members, who were seen carrying brooms (party symbol) and shouting slogans ‘Sheila Dikshit hari hai, ab Modi ki bari hai’ (Sheila Dikshit has lost, now it’s Modi’s turn).
Kejriwal may travel to Saurashtra and Kutch in the first three days of the visit. On the fourth day he will address a public meeting in Bapunagar area of the city.
(With PTI inputs)