An employee of an angadia firm was robbed of jewelry worth Rs 14.39 lakh by two bike-borne men in Paldi area of Ahmedabad on Wednesday. The two men allegedly slapped the employee before they escaped with the two bags filled with jewellery.
Watch What Else is Making News
Paldi police said that Mukesh Patel, 45, who works with angadia firm Madhavlal Maganlal, stated in his complaint that he was dropped at the bus stand on Wednesday morning, with two bags containing gold, silver and diamond jewellery.
According to the FIR, Patel was supposed to go to Mehsana and other adjoining towns. He stated that while he was sitting on a wooden structure at the bus stop, a man, seemingly in his 40s, sat beside him and asked him in Gujarati, “Where are you coming from? He then slapped him. Patel said that another man came to the spot and snatched the two bags.
The complaint stated that there were scuffle between the complainant and the robbers. He claimed that he started shouting for help, but before that the two men escaped with the bags. “We have lodged the FIR and several teams have been formed. The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch has also been roped in to investigate the case,” said Paldi police inspector A G Gohil.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation