The state government’s much-touted ‘Gyan Saptah (Knowledge Week)’ celebration — to mark the Teachers’ Day — was preceded by the singing of “Jannani Janmbhoomi swarg se mahaan hai, jiske vaste ye tan man hain aur pran hai. Iske kann kann me likha Ram Krishna naam hai, hutatmayon ke rudhir se bhoomi shasya shyam hai, dharm ka ye dhaam hai, sadaa ise pranam hai, swatantra hai ye dhara, swantatra asman hai” song in the morning assembly in government primary, secondary and higher secondary schools here on Monday.
Inaugurating “Knowledge Week” in schools across Gujarat through Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG), Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Monday urged teachers to make Gujarat schools “model schools” in the country as like the “Gujarat model of development”.
Launching a state wide ‘Gyan Saptah’ (Knowledge Week) on Monday by giving a live speech to teachers, students, parents as well as school administrations of all primary and secondary schools of the state, she said, “Let us pledge to make all of our schools model schools, like we have developed the Gujarat Model”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Terming primary education as a “base” to construct a “giant structure”, Patel said that primary knowledge of reading, mathematics and writing would be ensure educational advancement in future generations of society.
She said that it is important to sow seeds of cleanliness and health in young minds and appealed to teachers as well as parents to lay special emphasis on personal cleanliness and a healthy lifestyle among children to instil such virtues in them.
Patel said “Gyan Saptah” would provide a platform to students to bring out their natural talents.
She also urged the teaching fraternity to organise multi-faceted programmes in schools to bring out “hidden talent” in students.
Incidentally, the songs selected by the department, mostly in Hindi are also sung at Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh shakhas and its education wing Vidya Bharti. The education department ensured that the collection of eleven songs in the form of a CD, starting with guru vandana reached all schools before September 1. For this, the concerned district education offices and municipal school boards burnt CDs from the original one which were in no time distributed to all schools by Saturday.
“All students participated in the morning assembly where we were asked to play songs from the list given to us by the education department. Students and teachers are new to these patriotic songs and we hardly had any time to practice these else students would have sung these during the assembly. But students will soon prepare and in the coming days will also sing these during Gyan Saptah celebrations,” said principal of Shahpur municipal school Rahena Mansuri.
This was followed by a reading from the booklet on nationalist heroes, ‘Asmita Darshan’ distributed to the school, from which a Class VIII student Kiran Dataniya read, “Veer Savarkar- On October 7 of 1905 a huge procession along with a cart full of foreign clothes was carried out. Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Shivram Paranjape were also a part of this procession. Near a wooden bridge in Pune, the cart was set on fire…….” as the students listened.
The book that celebrates Veer Savarkar over Mahatama Gandhi has short stories on ten leaders including Swami Vivekanand, Subhash Chandra Bose, Ravindranath Tagore, noted poet, social reformer and freedom fighter from Gujarat Jhaverchand Meghani while Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan has been listed on the last page.
These songs and book would be used during the week-long celebration for performing individual and group patriotic songs along with celebrating freedom fighters and leaders as part of the Gyan Saptah schedule of events.
In the end, students participated in decorating their classrooms and schools that listed as one of the activities on the first day of Gyan Saptah. (With PTI inputs)