Asking the chartered accountants to keep a watch on fiscal transactions to check scams and financial irregularities in the country, Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Monday said that people have got a wrong perception about chartered accountants helping convert “black money” into “white”.
She made these remarks at a convocation function of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) honouring over 700 CAs from all over the country here.
Stating that like medicos who looked after the physical well-being of the people, CAs could strengthen the fiscal and economic health of the nation and the society by keeping a watch on fiscal transactions to spot and curb financial irregularities.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When asked to explain the CM’s remarks, a member of ICAI (Ahmedabad region) S K Jha explained the role played by CAs with regard to taxation. He said that people have somehow got the idea that CAs guided people convert their “black money” to “white”. “But, this is not true,” he said, while adding that the CAs actually “guided people in tax planning and not in tax evasion as is the general understanding”.
He went on to add that besides people from the industry and business sectors, those serving in government departments also consult them from time to time to reduce their tax burden.
“CAs are tax consultants, helping people and the government in planning their taxes better within the purview of law,” he explained.