Chief Minister Anandi Patel will launch the first-ever maha-aarti on Sabarmati River on Tuesday. Incidentally, it will coincide with Eid-ul-Fitr that is being observed by Muslims across the country on Tuesday.
The maha-aarti is being organised by the Jagannath Temple Trust on Sabarmati riverfront near Somnath Bhudar.
The area, which is dominated by the minority community, is the same place from where Jal Yatra, a few days prior to the Jagannath Rath Yatra, is performed every year.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The 151-lamp maha-aarti, scheduled at 6.45 pm, has been announced to be held on the second full moon day of the month of Shravan. This will be followed every month at the riverfront from this day onwards.
“We are very happy that the first-ever Sabarmati maha-aarti will begin in the holy month of Shravan,” said Jagannath Temple Mahant Dilipdas Maharaj.
The eight-minute aarti has been written by Bhagwad kathakar from Ahmedabad Mukesh Bhatt.
“The history of the Sabarmati was referred before writing the aarti. For instance, in our Vedas and Purans, the Sabarmati was known as Sabramati. Other facts about the river have also been collected to be incorporated in the aarti,” said Jagannath Temple trustee Mahindra Jha.
The proposal of the Sabarmati maha-aarti was made on the lines of the Ganga aarti in Varanasi and Haridwar last month during a meeting of the 137th Jagannath Rath Yatra preparations by the Ahmedabad Peace Committee, which is chaired by mayor Minaxi Patel.
At the meeting, committee members suggested that a Sabarmati aarti should be organized at least once a month at the riverfront area. Committee members suggested that the aarti should be carried out on a specific day of every month as per the Hindu calendar, for which the second full moon day was suggested.