By ENS & PTI
Having completed a month as Gujarat’s first woman chief minister, Anandi Patel has now set for her officials an ambitious plan of fast-tracking a wide range of ongoing projects in a way that they are completed in 100 days. And the countdown began on Monday. The theme, Gatisheel Gujarat, suggests that the model state, which gained number one status in vibrancy, should graduate to the next level and attain some momentum as well.
“We have chalked out a detailed 100-days agenda for the government within which specific targets have to be achieved in 11 areas,” Gujarat state government spokesperson and urban development minister Nitin Patel said on Monday. “Though the work of the government is continuous, we have set pressing targets to give a momentum to the government and continue the development journey of the state during the first 100 days of this government,” Patel said.
Subjects in the 100-days agenda include women’s empowerment, fight against malnutrition, a cleanliness drive and upgradation of revenue records.
“Specific targets have been given for each subject and the state administration has been asked to deliver on these targets,” Patel said. He accepted that these are routine issues, but claimed that aggressive targets have been set for the administration.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For example, he said that under the Mahatma Gandhi cleanliness drive, 2,500 villages would be given approvals to manage their solid and liquid wastes, more than 75,000 pieces of equipment worth Rs 100 crore would be distributed to 185 municipalities and construction of 50,000 personal toilets would be completed in rural areas.
Earlier in the day, Patel chaired a meeting with all government secretaries to finalise the 100-days agenda and also instructed officials to regularly follow up, in order to achieve targets.
Unveiling plans under “Gatisheel Gujarat — Lakshya 100 Divas” here on Monday, the state government released a colourful booklet of the same name. The plan includes conducting as many as 347 recruitment fairs to provide ready jobs to 75,000 persons in the next 100 days, beginning Monday.
The booklet lists the target projects to regain the old vibrancy that was lost in the din of poll campaigning. The booklet was distributed to media in the absence of Anandi Patel.
Over and above this, the state government also proposes to open special centres in Ahmedabad and Vadodara to help and guide youngsters eyeing foreign jobs. Justifying the move, Nitin Patel said the foreign job component would also include in the government’s contribution to employment generation.
“The setting up of the deadline and fixing of the targets were necessary to speed up and expedite the projects, which are going on as part of a continuing process,” he said.
He admitted that there was little new element in the list of targets. Listing the achievements of the past 30 days, the minister said Anandi Patel had held Krishi Mahotsav and Praveshotsav and made strong presentation to the Modi government to resolve pending issues between Gujarat and the Centre. “She also secured the permission to install gates on Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam,” he further added.