After failing to impress the people with its new city bus scheme and causing a major embarrassment to the ruling BJP within a short span of its implementation, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has set up a high-level committee to suggest ways to improve the scheme to suit the people best.
A staunch defendant of BJP actions in the AMC, Amit Shah, also a former chairman of the Transport Committee, has come out openly against the way the rationalisation of routes was implemented by his own party colleagues. He puts the blame squarely on the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (CEPT). He is upset, particularly with its former associate director Dr H M Shivanand Swamy, for “foisting” CEPT views on AMC. However, Swamy rubbished the allegation, saying ultimately it was AMC that implemented those suggestions. Swamy said that those given the job of implementing the suggestions, should have done so in a gradual manner. He said there was plenty of time, of about one year, to implement the scheme of route rationalisation.
Shah, besides blaming Swamy, also slammed the Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Services (AMTS) officials and their political bosses for showing undue haste in implementation. According to him, there are many persons in the field who have sizeable experience in running city transportation systems. “They should have been consulted and taken into confidence before taking a hasty and abrupt decision that was to impact people’s daily lives abruptly and adversely,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen