BJP president Amit Shah returned Ahmedabad amid the pomp and pageantry with fire crackers bursting from SG Highway to his new home in Thaltej are of Ahmedabad that was glittering with lights and decoration ahead of his son’s engagement on Sunday.
Shah was accompanied by his wife and son from the Ahmedabad airport to the residence flanked by the BJP supporters and close relatives, who have already started rushing to wish Shah and his son.
Shah arrived with a convoy of six cars with central security forces and officers deployed by the Ahmedabad police. After the celebrations at the airport, the supporters joined his convoy and bursted fire crackers at various places on the way to his home from airport to Thaltej. The supporters also shouted slogans, “Amitbhai ni jai ho! Vande Matram…”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
His bungalow – Kusum Villa – named after his mother in Thaltej was crowded with supporters and relatives eagerly waiting for his arrival.
After meeting his relatives inside home, Shah came out of his residence to greet the supporters. While posing for a picture he told The Indian Express, “I am happy and I am lucky.” “I am very tired, aren’t you. Please go home now,” he told the media later who were waiting outside his residence. Shah posed for a family picture with his wife and son and waved at his supporters asking them to come on Saturday for personal meetings.
Shah’s wife, who arrived with him from Delhi, said, “What shall I say? I am elated.” The sources close to the family said that Shah’s wife and son had left for New Delhi three days ago when he was announced as the BJP president. The other family members and relatives were busy preparing for his son’s engagement ceremony.
The sources added that Shah had shifted from his old house in Naranpura where he earlier stayed all his life. When the CBI, probing the Sohrabuddin encounter case, was on the hunt for Shah, the agency had posted notes on his house at Naranpura declaring him “wanted”. The family had then planned to shift from the old house and bought the bungalow in Thaltej.