BJP president Amit Shah returned Ahmedabad amid the pomp and pageantry with fire crackers bursting from SG Highway to his new home in Thaltej are of Ahmedabad that was glittering with lights and decoration ahead of his son’s engagement on Sunday.
Shah was accompanied by his wife and son from the Ahmedabad airport to the residence flanked by the BJP supporters and close relatives, who have already started rushing to wish Shah and his son.
Shah arrived with a convoy of six cars with central security forces and officers deployed by the Ahmedabad police. After the celebrations at the airport, the supporters joined his convoy and bursted fire crackers at various places on the way to his home from airport to Thaltej. The supporters also shouted slogans, “Amitbhai ni jai ho! Vande Matram…”.
His bungalow – Kusum Villa – named after his mother in Thaltej was crowded with supporters and relatives eagerly waiting for his arrival.
After meeting his relatives inside home, Shah came out of his residence to greet the supporters. While posing for a picture he told The Indian Express, “I am happy and I am lucky.” “I am very tired, aren’t you. Please go home now,” he told the media later who were waiting outside his residence. Shah posed for a family picture with his wife and son and waved at his supporters asking them to come on Saturday for personal meetings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shah’s wife, who arrived with him from Delhi, said, “What shall I say? I am elated.” The sources close to the family said that Shah’s wife and son had left for New Delhi three days ago when he was announced as the BJP president. The other family members and relatives were busy preparing for his son’s engagement ceremony.
The sources added that Shah had shifted from his old house in Naranpura where he earlier stayed all his life. When the CBI, probing the Sohrabuddin encounter case, was on the hunt for Shah, the agency had posted notes on his house at Naranpura declaring him “wanted”. The family had then planned to shift from the old house and bought the bungalow in Thaltej.