The Ahmedabad police Friday arrested seven persons in the alleged gangrape of a minor girl who was rescued by the police Thursday before from Kalikund village, Dholka, in Ahmedabad district. Among the arrested are residents of the village and a student of a private university. Police said the seven were identified as Kishore Patel (19), a resident of Vasna (Ahmedabad), Sagar P Patel (26), Mayur Patel (30), Dhaval Patel (22), Hitesh Patel (24) and Kaushik Patel (28) — all residents of Chaloda village in Dholka — and Jay Motiwala (20), who comes from Surat.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Police said they have been booked under various sections of the IPC for rape, abduction, immoral trafficking, among others charges. Briefing media about the case, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-VII) Vidhi Chaudhary said, “The girl was pushed into prostitution by her father and stepmother three months ago. We have learnt that the parents have been in prostitution for long.”
Chaudhary said, “The girl was sent to an agent by the parents on November 14 for Rs 5,000. They received Rs 2,500 as advance, but the girl didn’t return on the same day. The parents didn’t inform the police till November 21 and then also they didn’t reveal the truth. It was only after we interrogated them that they revealed the truth.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It has emerged that the parents sent the girl to a client to Dholka through an agent Kishore. Kishore sent her with another accused Sagar. According to police, Sagar handed her to the client in the Kalikund village for three hours where she was raped by eight accused. Following the incident, Sagar took the victim with him and didn’t take her back to her parents after she reportedly refused to go back home.
“Sagar returned to the spot and took the victim with him. The victim told Sagar not to take her back to her parents as she was forcefully pushed into prostitution. The victim has told us that she narrated her story to Sagar and gained some sympathy. However, we think there is another angle to the offence that Sagar had decided not to send the girl back so that he can use her. If there was any sympathy for the victim, Sagar would have informed the police immediately,” Chaudhary said.
She said there are more than a dozen suspects who are yet to be arrested, including the parents of the victim.