The Ahmedabad city police have busted a call centre which has been running “illegally” for the past two-and-a-half month. The police raided the call centre on Friday night and arrested ten persons, including the mastermind, for allegedly duping the American loan holders. Among the arrested, most are youngsters hailing from Nagaland and Mizoram.
Watch What Else is Making News
According to the FIR registered by Chandkheda police, Priteshbhai Shankarbhai Joshi, 38, a resident of Parmeshwar-5, Chandkheda, was running the call centre at the third floor of D Square Mall, Visat, on Gandhinagar Highway. Based on specific input, a police team raided the office and found 10 people working, including Joshi.
Police seized seven computer sets, a laptop and nine mobilephones. Police said that Joshi had rented the place and hired people for running the centre. The FIR states that Joshi procured data of US citizens having small loans from $500 to $1000 from a US-based agent identified as Vikas Upadhyay.
“They were running this racket for over two months. They used Internet calling to contact the US loan holders and duped them. Joshi has told us that he earned $7,000 in two months which he received through hawala. We are probing it further,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police, Usha Rada, Zone-2, who is supervising the case.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The arrested have been identified as Aron Vekhu Sumi (23), Arjun Lilnath Shreshta (22), Chinmay Podan Kum (23), Angtu Yepthomi (21) — all residents of Nagaland — and Ladinsanga Thansing Pachuau, Rosan Jwala Rauina Pachuau and Zonunsangi Laminliyana Sylo, who are residents of Mizoram. One Fahimbhai Mustak Sheikh (23), a resident of Shahibaug, has also been arrested.