A 14-year old boy mowed down two people sleeping on the footpath outside a slum on the Pirana-Behrampura road of the city, driving his car onto one of the hutments, around 2 am on Wednesday. Five people were also injured .
The angry residents handed over the boy to the police even as his parents fled from his house. The boy was identified as son of Muqaddar Sheikh, a history-sheeter, who has several cases of loot and assault against him. Muqaddar, who was externed by Ahmedabad Police, was living secretly at his residence at Allahnagar in Danilimda.
The deceased were identified as Salim Pathan, 30, who died on the spot, and Rehana alias Rano Sheikh, 32, who died during her treatment at the hospital, police said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The injured were identified as Mohmmad Faizan Mustafa Sheikh, 7, Simran Mustafa Sheikh, 5, Jamila Salim Sheikh, 40, Mohmmad Yasin Sheikh, 30, Muinuddin Hussain Sheikh alias Raza, 45.
The neighbours near the accused’s house told police that he used to take his father’s car every night to drive on the highway and perform “stunts”. The accused allegedly took the keys of the car despite his father’s denial and was found driving at a high speed in the narrow bylanes of his house before he left towards the Pirana road. The Danilimda police have booked the minor accused under Section 304 (II) of the Indian Penal Code for culpable homicide not amounting to murder after the forensic science laboratory report.