After two-day brainstorming session of senior party leaders in Surat over the weekend, the state BJP on Monday made organisational changes. With an eye on the ensuing local body elections, state ministers have been relieved of party responsibilities, a party release said.
Labour and Employment Minister Vijay Rupani, Minister of State for Health and Urban Development Shanker Chaudhary and Bharat Pandya have been replaced by Mansukh Mandavia (Rajya Sabha MP, Bhavnagar), K C Patel (MLA Patan) and Shabdasharan Bhrahmbhatt (Vadodara) as general secretaries.
- Urban local body elections: In final lap, 26 districts to vote today; BJP set to face tough fight from Oppn candidates
- UP civic body elections: Active campaigns by BJP, Congress sets poll pot boiling in Hindi heartland
- BJP to distribute ‘report cards’ on its development works, hold workers’ meets ahead of urban local body polls
- Uttar Pradesh municipal elections: Yogi Adityanath faces tough civic polls test in UP
- Saroj Pandey, often mild, sometimes aggressive against minister or CPM
- In a first, BJP readies manifesto for UP local body polls
State BJP president R C Faldu appointed Member of Parliament from Dahod Jashwantsinh Bhabhor as the state BJP’s vice-president. Lok Sabha MP from Junagadh Rajeshbhai Chudasama has been appointed as the state BJP secretary. The post of party vice-president was lying vacant after MLA Mangu Patel was inducted as Forest and Environment Minister last year.
Niranjan Zanjzmera (Surat Mayor) has been appointed south zone in-charge of Mahasampark Abhiyan of the membership drive.