After two-day brainstorming session of senior party leaders in Surat over the weekend, the state BJP on Monday made organisational changes. With an eye on the ensuing local body elections, state ministers have been relieved of party responsibilities, a party release said.
Labour and Employment Minister Vijay Rupani, Minister of State for Health and Urban Development Shanker Chaudhary and Bharat Pandya have been replaced by Mansukh Mandavia (Rajya Sabha MP, Bhavnagar), K C Patel (MLA Patan) and Shabdasharan Bhrahmbhatt (Vadodara) as general secretaries.
- Will back BJP in Rajya Sabha polls: Om Prakash Rajbhar after meeting Amit Shah
- Will sulking BJP ally play spoilsport for its candidate in Rajya Sabha polls?
- First time in Nagaland: Religion becomes the talking point during elections
- TDP-BJP row: Will NDA survive another year of discontent?
- Nagaland polls: BJP joins hand with new regional party NDPP after seat-sharing talks with NPF fail
- Amit Shah to review membership drive duringall-party meet on July 11
State BJP president R C Faldu appointed Member of Parliament from Dahod Jashwantsinh Bhabhor as the state BJP’s vice-president. Lok Sabha MP from Junagadh Rajeshbhai Chudasama has been appointed as the state BJP secretary. The post of party vice-president was lying vacant after MLA Mangu Patel was inducted as Forest and Environment Minister last year.
Niranjan Zanjzmera (Surat Mayor) has been appointed south zone in-charge of Mahasampark Abhiyan of the membership drive.