After two-day brainstorming session of senior party leaders in Surat over the weekend, the state BJP on Monday made organisational changes. With an eye on the ensuing local body elections, state ministers have been relieved of party responsibilities, a party release said.
Labour and Employment Minister Vijay Rupani, Minister of State for Health and Urban Development Shanker Chaudhary and Bharat Pandya have been replaced by Mansukh Mandavia (Rajya Sabha MP, Bhavnagar), K C Patel (MLA Patan) and Shabdasharan Bhrahmbhatt (Vadodara) as general secretaries.
- Amit Shah: Will defeat Mamata, BJP’s road to victory in 2019 polls through East
- Amit Shah to review membership drive duringall-party meet on July 11
- For UP 2017, BJP recalls Amit Shah’s Lok Sabha ‘campaign model’
- UP 2017: BJP recalls Amit Shah’s ‘campaign model’ from last year
- BJP eyes Junagadh civic body polls, Cong banks on ‘good performance’
- Same head,new body
State BJP president R C Faldu appointed Member of Parliament from Dahod Jashwantsinh Bhabhor as the state BJP’s vice-president. Lok Sabha MP from Junagadh Rajeshbhai Chudasama has been appointed as the state BJP secretary. The post of party vice-president was lying vacant after MLA Mangu Patel was inducted as Forest and Environment Minister last year.
Niranjan Zanjzmera (Surat Mayor) has been appointed south zone in-charge of Mahasampark Abhiyan of the membership drive.