A day after its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi called for a debate on Article 370,the BJP on Monday denied any softening of its stand that the provision should be scrapped. It would be incorrect for anyone to interpret BJPs challenge for a debate on this issue as a softening of stand on Article 370, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley posted on his Facebook account.
Jammu & Kashmirs integration with India is an essential part of the ideology of Bharatiya Jana Sangh and now the BJP. The BJP believes that Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjees vision of complete integration of Jammu & Kashmir was the correct vision for India, he added.
Modi has just asked if there has been any benefit from Art 370. This is not being soft on the issue, said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj,claiming that the call for a debate was not different from the partys earlier position.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
In a veiled course correction,Modi too sought to suggest that his remarks were only aimed at starting a discussion on the subject. Glad that after my call for a debate on Article 370,it is being widely debated among people & across TV,social media, tweeted Modi. We need rational & focused debate not only on 370 but other issues relating to J&K,including suffering of sections of J&K society.
The RSS also sought to suggest that Modis remarks did not amount to any softening of stand. 370 debate deliberate distortion… 370 is a hurdle to national integration, tweeted RSS leader Ram Madhav. The RSS,however,refrained from issuing any official statement on the issue. Sanghs position remains as it was. Article 370 must be removed to pave the way for complete integration of J&K with Bharat, said a senior Sangh leader.