A day after its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi called for a debate on Article 370,the BJP on Monday denied any softening of its stand that the provision should be scrapped. It would be incorrect for anyone to interpret BJPs challenge for a debate on this issue as a softening of stand on Article 370, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley posted on his Facebook account.
Jammu & Kashmirs integration with India is an essential part of the ideology of Bharatiya Jana Sangh and now the BJP. The BJP believes that Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjees vision of complete integration of Jammu & Kashmir was the correct vision for India, he added.
Modi has just asked if there has been any benefit from Art 370. This is not being soft on the issue, said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj,claiming that the call for a debate was not different from the partys earlier position.
In a veiled course correction,Modi too sought to suggest that his remarks were only aimed at starting a discussion on the subject. Glad that after my call for a debate on Article 370,it is being widely debated among people & across TV,social media, tweeted Modi. We need rational & focused debate not only on 370 but other issues relating to J&K,including suffering of sections of J&K society.
The RSS also sought to suggest that Modis remarks did not amount to any softening of stand. 370 debate deliberate distortion… 370 is a hurdle to national integration, tweeted RSS leader Ram Madhav. The RSS,however,refrained from issuing any official statement on the issue. Sanghs position remains as it was. Article 370 must be removed to pave the way for complete integration of J&K with Bharat, said a senior Sangh leader.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016