After a month-long delay, monsoon has finally arrived in Gujarat with many parts of the state receiving moderate rainfall in the last 48 hours, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Wednesday.
According to IMD officials, the system which brings in monsoon was not created properly this time. “No system was created this time which can bring the rains.. now the system has been formed and due to that monsoon has finally set in over Gujarat,” IMD regional additional director Manorama Mohanty said.
The monsoon usually sets over this part of India’s western state around June 15, but got delayed this year by about a month.
Mohanty said initially the monsoon had touched Veraval coast and south Gujarat on June 15, but after that it had been static. “On June 15, Monsoon had touched the coastal region (Veraval coast), however after that there was a long break,” she said.
“Monsoon was active over Gujarat region. Rainfall occurred at many places over Gujarat region and at a few places over Saurashtra- Kutch region,” the weather bulletin generated on the website of Ahmedabad Meteorological Centre of IMD said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The IMD also forcasted heavy rains in the next 24 hours. “Moderate to rather heavy rain fall or thundershowers would occur at a few places in the districts of Gujarat,” the IMD website forecast said.
As per the figures by the state government, Gujarat has received 67.78 millimetre (mm) average rain till early Wednesday morning.
Valsad (78 mm)and Navsari (71 mm)and Chhota Udepur (44 mm) of south Gujarat, Gir Somnath (38 mm), Junagadh (20 mm) of Saurashtra region and Sabarkantha (37 mm)of North Gujarat were amongst the top rainfall-recording districts of the state in last 24 hours.