After a four-day-long operation, forest department Wednesday managed to rescue the leopard, a five-year-old male, which had allegedly attacked and killed a seven-month-old infant in Bela village of Junagadh.
The leopard had allegedly sneaked into the on-farm hut of one Vipul Charola, an agricultural labourer of Bela village near Bilkha in Junagadh taluka of Junagadh district, on Saturday night. It dragged Charola’s seven-month-old son Shiva away while he was asleep beside her mother in the hut.
Watch What Else is Making News
The villagers and forest officers had tried to trace the leopard and rescue the child. But they could only salvage parts of his body the next morning from near a temple on the periphery of the agricultural farm.
“We had placed six cages to capture the leopard. A team of 30 trekkers and guards had been trying to rescue the leopard for the last four days. Eventually, the big cat took the bait Tuesday night and was caged subsequently,” Suresh Tilala, range forest officer of Dungar North, said. Dungar North range is part of Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Bela village is around 7 km from the border of the sanctuary, forest officers said. “We confirmed the identity of the leopard by matching pug marks of the animal which had attacked the boy and the one we caught last night. We also relied on the description of the leopard given by eye-witnesses. The leopard has been sent to Sakkarbaug Zoological Park for rehabilitation. The family of the victim has been paid Rs 4 lakh compensation,” he added.