L K Advani’s son Jayant hit the campaign trail on Sardar Patel Ring Road in western Ahmedabad on Saturday with the promise that the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will lead the nation on the path of development the way he has done in Gujarat.
“I am sure that Narendrabhai will become the next PM. He is the first choice of the youth who comprise more than 65 per cent of voters in this election,” Jayant Advani told residents at Sun City, an upper middle class locality on Sardar Patel Ring Road that falls under his father’s constituency.
“We all have seen the development work under Modiji in Gujarat. He will also lead the nation on the development path,” he added.
This was the third stop for Jayant while covering Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, represented by Revenue Minister and a close aide of Modi, Anandi Patel.
A group of senior citizens, who had pre-scheduled a meet at the location, allowed Jayant to preside over.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
As he emerged from a luxury sedan, women — both young and old — swarmed around him for a photo.
In Jayant’s six-minute speeches during the door-to-door campaign on Friday evening, the first four minutes were usually reserved for Modi, while the remaining were to woo people to vote for his father who has represented Gandhinagar for five consecutive terms since 1991.
As residents welcomed him with flowers, he told them, “I won’t be able to talk much, as I am getting late for Modi’s 3D rally. However, I do want to say that this is the first election where we already know the result,” he said, adding, “Corruption, scams, unemployment and inflation, all have escalated during the UPA government’s tenure. The UPA has no policy. But Narendrabhai can end all of these. I believe that if the leadership has the will, determination, commitment, maturity and the vision, these issues can be contained. And, Modiji has all of these qualities.”
Speaking on behalf of his father, Jayant said, “He has been representing Gandhinagar since 1991. You have chosen him every time since then. I am sure your love and affection will continue to be with him.”