L K Advani’s son Jayant hit the campaign trail on Sardar Patel Ring Road in western Ahmedabad on Saturday with the promise that the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will lead the nation on the path of development the way he has done in Gujarat.
“I am sure that Narendrabhai will become the next PM. He is the first choice of the youth who comprise more than 65 per cent of voters in this election,” Jayant Advani told residents at Sun City, an upper middle class locality on Sardar Patel Ring Road that falls under his father’s constituency.
“We all have seen the development work under Modiji in Gujarat. He will also lead the nation on the development path,” he added.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
This was the third stop for Jayant while covering Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, represented by Revenue Minister and a close aide of Modi, Anandi Patel.
A group of senior citizens, who had pre-scheduled a meet at the location, allowed Jayant to preside over.
As he emerged from a luxury sedan, women — both young and old — swarmed around him for a photo.
In Jayant’s six-minute speeches during the door-to-door campaign on Friday evening, the first four minutes were usually reserved for Modi, while the remaining were to woo people to vote for his father who has represented Gandhinagar for five consecutive terms since 1991.
As residents welcomed him with flowers, he told them, “I won’t be able to talk much, as I am getting late for Modi’s 3D rally. However, I do want to say that this is the first election where we already know the result,” he said, adding, “Corruption, scams, unemployment and inflation, all have escalated during the UPA government’s tenure. The UPA has no policy. But Narendrabhai can end all of these. I believe that if the leadership has the will, determination, commitment, maturity and the vision, these issues can be contained. And, Modiji has all of these qualities.”
Speaking on behalf of his father, Jayant said, “He has been representing Gandhinagar since 1991. You have chosen him every time since then. I am sure your love and affection will continue to be with him.”