A 52-year-old accused in the murder of a cousin of VHP leader Pravin Togadia died after a heart attack in Surat district central jail Saturday afternoon.
Bharat Togadia (40), who was brother of Congress councillor Pappan Togadia, and two of his partners Bakul Hirani (45) and Mahesh Radadiya (35), were attacked with sharp weapons on May 15 at a builder’s office. All three later succumbed to injuries. Bharat Togadia was the VHP leader’s cousin
Varachha police had arrested three accused — Mehul Bharwad, Ramu Bharwad and Imran Shaikh, all residents of Surat — on May 16 in connection with the triple murder. During their interrogation, police learnt that one Gautam Goyani, his sister Komal Goyani and their father Bharat Goyani were allegedly involved in plotting the attack and they too were arrested on May 17. Police suspected a land dispute as the reason for the triple murder.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Saturday afternoon, Bharat Goyani complained of chest pain and he was rushed to New Civil hospital, but doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Later Komal Goyani and her brother Gautam applied for interim bail before Surat District Court for carrying out final rites of their father. The court had granted them three days of interim bail in the evening.