The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday announced four more candidates from the state for Lok Sabha seats including a tea vendor against BJP’s candidate and Bollywood actor Paresh Rawal of BJP from Ahmedabad East LS constituency.
AAP’s national executive member Dinesh Vaghela, who is a tea vendor, is all set to fight against Rawal. The party also fielded Ravjibhai Parmar from Anand, Piyushkumar Parmar from Panchmahals and Mansukhbhai Dhokai from Porbander.
“Dinesh Vaghela, who hails from Dhrangadhra town of Surendranagar district, had left his home at the age of 11 to attain the life of a sage but returned to the materialistic world on the advice of a priest,” AAP spokesperson said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“Following the advice, he continued his study further by working with a road-side tea-hawker where he used to work after completing his school hours,” he said.
“By earning money like this, Vaghela has completed his graduation with philosophy from Vallabh Vidyanagr University near Nadiad town of Kheda district,” the AAP spokesperson added.
He, who is in-charge of AAP in Gujarat and Goa, has been associated with the party since its formation in November, 2012.
Vaghela, who had spent nine years in the Himalayas in search of peace, was also said to have come in contact with spiritual leaders like Osho Rajnish, philosopher J Krishnamurthy and Vimala Thakar, the party sources said.
With this, the number of AAP candidates declared for LS polls went up to 25. Piyushkumar belongs to the Balmiki community and he would take on Congress and BJP candidates belonging to Kshatriya community.
Meanwhile, five AAP candidates who have filed their nomination papers are Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria from Bhavnagar, Sanjay Raval from Banaskantha, Vandanaben Patel from Mahesana, Atul Shekhada from Junagadh and Mehul Patel from Navsari. — With PTI inputs