AAP’s Vadodara candidate Sunil Kulkarni, who is contesting against BJP’s Narendra Modi and Congress’ Madhusudan Mistry, received an unusually cold response from the city on Monday when he began his election campaign. While only a handful of AAP supporters accompanied Kulkarni, senior AAP leaders were conspicuous by their absence. While leaders say the decision on Kulkarni’s candidature has divided the party, party spokesperson says senior leaders were “busy in simultaneous campaigns in other parts of the city”.
On Monday morning, Kulkarni chose an open auto-rickshaw, festooned with brooms, as he began his campaign from the party office.
AAP veterans, including party convenor Paresh Patel, were missing in action.
Bhushan Bhatt, media convenor of the city unit of the party, said, “We communicated through bulk SMSes. But the Election Commission has capped the number of SMSes that can be sent form a phone. So, despite having over 10,000 members, we were not able to pass on the message to our volunteers to join the road show.” Bhatt denied that the absence of senior leaders was because of differences in the party over Kulkarni’s candidature.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Convenor Paresh Patel, however, had a different story to tell. “As per the constitution of the party, the core committee dissolves during the elections and a different campaign committee is formed. I’m not aware who has been nominated to this committee.”