AAP’s Vadodara candidate Sunil Kulkarni, who is contesting against BJP’s Narendra Modi and Congress’ Madhusudan Mistry, received an unusually cold response from the city on Monday when he began his election campaign. While only a handful of AAP supporters accompanied Kulkarni, senior AAP leaders were conspicuous by their absence. While leaders say the decision on Kulkarni’s candidature has divided the party, party spokesperson says senior leaders were “busy in simultaneous campaigns in other parts of the city”.
On Monday morning, Kulkarni chose an open auto-rickshaw, festooned with brooms, as he began his campaign from the party office.
AAP veterans, including party convenor Paresh Patel, were missing in action.
Bhushan Bhatt, media convenor of the city unit of the party, said, “We communicated through bulk SMSes. But the Election Commission has capped the number of SMSes that can be sent form a phone. So, despite having over 10,000 members, we were not able to pass on the message to our volunteers to join the road show.” Bhatt denied that the absence of senior leaders was because of differences in the party over Kulkarni’s candidature.
Convenor Paresh Patel, however, had a different story to tell. “As per the constitution of the party, the core committee dissolves during the elections and a different campaign committee is formed. I’m not aware who has been nominated to this committee.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched