The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which contested more than a dozen Lok Sabha seats in the last general elections, has resolved not to contest Junagadh municipal elections.
The decision has been taken following a report of a sub-committee headed by former MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria.
The committee visited Junagadh city last fortnight and studied the party’s situation in the city. In its report, the committee said that the party did not have enough support in the city and hence, it would be wise not to contest municipal polls there.
When contacted, AAP state convener Sukhdev Patel said that fighting elections was not the only aim of the party. However, he said that party would release its manifesto for the Junagadh municipal polls and circulate it among the voters there.
He said, the manifesto would pertain to what the municipality should in the next five years no matter which party came to power in the civic body. Junagadh municipal elections are scheduled to be held on July 20. The number of wards in Junagadh has been increased from 17 to 20 now. Hence, the elections this time would be held for 60 seats, three seats for each ward.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched