The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is all set to address his first public meeting in Gujarat at Bapu Nagar in Ahmedabad on Saturday. This would be Kejriwal’s first public meeting in Gujarat after the AAP became a political party in October 2012.
Members from the AAP Gujarat unit are also planning to organise a road show for the AAP leader through different parts of the city after securing permission from the Election Commission and city administration on the same day. The roadshow is likely to be flagged off from AAP office Ayojan Nagar (Paldi) and pass through Anjali Cross Roads, Paldi Cross Roads, Jamalpur bridge, Gulabi Cross Roads, LG Chowki, Nagarwell Hanuman and Malekshaban Stadium road before ending at the rally venue at Bapu Nagar.
Several AAP members also alleged that BJP had indulged in ‘rumour mongering’ about Kejriwal’s visit to Jaipur. According to a press release issued by the party late Friday evening, “Attempts have been made by the BJP to project in a section of the media that Kejriwal has left Gujarat. The AAP makes it clear that Kejriwal has gone to Jaipur to attend the Rajasthan Patrika Foundation Day celebrations, which had been fixed two months in advance. From Jaipur, he will proceed to Delhi to participate in the India Today Conclave in the evening and will return to Ahmedabad on Saturday morning for the rally. The BJP attempts to divert public attention will have no bearing on the highly successful Gujarat tour of the AAP leadership, which appeals to the people to listen to him on Saturday.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kejriwal and several senior AAP leaders from Delhi have been camping in various places in Gujarat since March 5 to get a first hand account of the ‘Gujarat development model’ claims by Narendra Modi.