About 29 companies from Gujarat have made their way to the India’s Top 500 Companies’ report released by Dun & Bradstreet. This list includes the companies belonging to Adani Group, Torrent Group and a host of state-government run companies.
The ranking was done on the basis of various parameters such as total income, net profit and net worth, stated an official release from D&B on Tuesday.
Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GSFC), Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd (GMDC), Gujarat Industries Power Company Ltd (GIPCL), Gujarat Gas Company Ltd (GGCL), Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC) and Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd (GACL) were among the state-run companies present on this list.
Among the private companies, Adani Enterprises, Adani Port & Special Economic Zone, Adani Power, Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Torrent Power, Arvind Ltd, Cadila Healthcare Ltd, and others were present on the list of Top 500 companies.
Speaking about the report, Mr. Kaushal Sampat, President & CEO – India, Dun & Bradstreet said “Despite subdued consumption demand and inflationary pressures that persisted during FY14, the Top 500 Companies managed to show modest 8% growth in their top line earnings during first nine months of FY14 as compared to the same period previous year. On the profitability front, margins declined marginally from 7.5% during 9M FY13 to 7% during 9M FY14.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
According to the study, 288 companies featuring in India’s Top 500 Companies account for more than 10% of India’s total employment in organized sector. In addition to this they also contribute 20% to the country’s GDP. The report also reveals that India’s Top 500 Companies are resulting for about 30% of India’s total exports helping in building brand India in the global arena.