Two tourists visiting Narmada dam had a miraculous escape late on Saturday evening after their car fell into a lake near the dam when the driver lost control of the steering. While the duo escaped with minor injuries, the police took nearly three hours to fish out the car on Sunday with the help of a crane.
According to police, the car was being driven by one Devendra Tarnalia who was visiting the tourist spot on the weekend with his friend, Ravi Tarnalia, both in their early 30s. The road in the tourist zone where the accident took place has sharp turns. During one of the turns, Devendra lost control over the vehicle and crashed into the railing that has been constructed along one of the lakes. The car fell into it after breaking the railing.
“No life was lost as two persons inside the car were wearing seat belts. The car was pulled out with the help of a crane,” the police said.
The duo hailed from Limdi in Surendranagar district, the police said. The same spot has seen two accidents in 2012 in which five persons were killed.
Four persons had died when the car they were travelling in fell into the lake. Another man similarly lost his life in the same lake. The railing was constructed after the accidents.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016