Two tourists visiting Narmada dam had a miraculous escape late on Saturday evening after their car fell into a lake near the dam when the driver lost control of the steering. While the duo escaped with minor injuries, the police took nearly three hours to fish out the car on Sunday with the help of a crane.
According to police, the car was being driven by one Devendra Tarnalia who was visiting the tourist spot on the weekend with his friend, Ravi Tarnalia, both in their early 30s. The road in the tourist zone where the accident took place has sharp turns. During one of the turns, Devendra lost control over the vehicle and crashed into the railing that has been constructed along one of the lakes. The car fell into it after breaking the railing.
“No life was lost as two persons inside the car were wearing seat belts. The car was pulled out with the help of a crane,” the police said.
The duo hailed from Limdi in Surendranagar district, the police said. The same spot has seen two accidents in 2012 in which five persons were killed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Four persons had died when the car they were travelling in fell into the lake. Another man similarly lost his life in the same lake. The railing was constructed after the accidents.